2007年3月30日金曜日

シャルケン引退(英文)

英語版記事もあったので追加。
clipped from www.ordina-open.nl

“My body has forced me to retire. The first symptoms became apparent at the Davis Cup in Maastricht and I have not quite been the same ever since. After six months it turned out that I had been playing with some kind of dormant type of the Pfeiffer disease. During that time of strain, I continued to play my matches without even knowing I had the disease in me and suffered a hernia injury in my lower back as a result. This injury causes that I cannot load my body to the fullest anymore. Too much strain causes functions in my left leg to break down. So I have ceased my exercises and am now training my body in a more relaxing manner. However, I feel it is a pity that my career has declined in such a way, only at the age of 27. That is too soon considering the ambitions I still had. My hunger for new titles and a second week of GrandSlams had not even diminished one bit. Scoring those results gives you the ultimate thrill.”

 powered by clipmarksblog it

0 件のコメント: